Naturopathy is a based on a treatment philosophy that views a person as a whole and believes the body is inherently able to heal itself – with a little help. Naturopaths combine modern scientific research with traditional herbal medicine to help prevent disease and treat health problems/illness. They do this by treating each person individually and looking at the cause of the problem, not just the symptoms.
Michelle uses the above naturopathic principles to help you achieve and maintain health & wellness. Michelle can help you to pinpoint factors that may be contributing to poor health or making you feel not quite well – such as diet, lifestyle choices, too much stress, not enough sleep, poor digestion, lack of exercise, or not enough R & R.
The treatments Michelle uses include – herbal medicine (usually in liquid or tablet form), nutritional assessment & dietary advice and vitamin/mineral supplementation, massage/cupping, flower essences (both Bach & Australian Bush Flower Essences) and kinesiology/muscle testing.
Naturopathy can help many conditions including:
- digestive problems
- menstrual irregularities
- menopausal symptoms
- management of auto-immune conditions
- hormonal headaches/migraines
Did you know?
- Medicinal herbs were found amongst the personal effects of the mummified prehistoric “ice man” who was found in the Italian Alps in 1991.
- More than 70% to 90% of physicians consider complementary and alternative medicine therapies, such as diet and exercise, behavioural medicine, counseling and psychotherapy, and hypnotherapy, to be legitimate medical practices.
- Massage therapy dates back thousands of years and has been recorded in ancient writings from the Orient, Asia, Arabia and Greece.
- Two-thirds of Australians use some form of alternative or complementary therapies
- Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, recognised the body’s ability to heal itself, and used herbs as medicine.